Next Steps Decodables
Action-packed fully decodable chapter books!
36 decodable chapter books that provide the perfect ‘next step’ once students have completed the Sunshine Phonics Decodable programme. Having mastered the alphabetic code, students will be ready to immerse themselves in chapter books that they can and want to read!
The Next Steps Decodables books follow the adventures of the members of Team Turbo, a group of children (and their dog) who live in a beachside town in Australia. Their different personalities and interests make for all sorts of various adventures. Stories are narrated by different characters. Some are in the past tense and some are present tense – ensuring lots of variety and lots of learning.
These books have a ‘look and feel’ that will appeal to students – they look engaging and exciting and the different text types and features that follow the story provide exposure to different styles of writing.
And of course all books are fully decodable! See below for the Phonics Overview of skills that students need to have covered to read these books.
- For students who have completed the Sunshine Phonics programme
- Recurring characters with whom students can identify
- Familiar plot structures with experiences that students can personally relate to
- Short chapters to maintain interest
- Innovative text features and graphic elements such as illustrations, maps, raps and glossaries
- A text type focus for every book
- Comprehensive Teaching Notes for small groups with a focus on phonics, comprehension, fluency, vocabulary and spelling – free to download
- Student worksheets – free to download (coming soon)