Sunshine Phonics Decodables Programme
A structured literacy approach to meet the needs of all New Zealand children
The Sunshine Phonics Decodables programme provides systematic, sequential and explicit phonics instruction, with texts at each stage for children to practice their new knowledge.
- 180 fully decodable texts, arranged in two complementary series which can be taught independently or in parallel with one another.
- Systematic progression for learning the 44 sounds (phonemes) of English and the letters that represent them (graphemes).
- Fiction and non-fiction titles.
- Five comprehensive Teachers’ Books include lesson plans for every story, student activity sheets and Word Banks.
- Detailed Scope and Sequence.
- Sound Cards and Word Cards complement the programme. Free games are provided for small group activities.
- Free downloadable Assessment Kit available.