Sunshine Phonics Decodables Programme – Series 1
Series 1 is arranged over seven sets.
- Each book provides ‘Before reading’ and ‘After reading’ summaries.
- Full-colour illustrations or photographs to support meaning.
- Two comprehensive teachers’ books includes lesson plans, activity sheets and assessment, plus scope and sequence and phonics overview.
- Sound Cards and Word Cards to use with the programme are available.
- Free downloadable Assessment Kit available.
- 10 books in each set, totalling 30 books
- Stories feature recurring characters from the same family and their friends and pets
- Decodable vocabulary with some high-frequency words
- Cover 23 phonemes
- All consonants and short vowels are introduced
- Focus is on predominantly VC and CVC words and a few tricky words
- Sets 1-3 of Series 2 provide further books at these levels to supplement teaching
- 10 books in each set, totalling 40 books
- Both fiction and non-fiction titles
- Cover 44 phonemes
- Sets 4-5 stories feature recurring characters from Sets 1-3
- Sets 4-5 introduce consonant and vowel digraphs, trigraphs and adjacent consonants
- Sets 6-7 titles comprise new and varied stories, eg ‘Philippa and the Dolphin’
- Sets 6-7 introduce 65 new graphemes
- Sets 4-11 of Series 2 provide further books at these levels to supplement teaching