Sunshine Reading Road
Fully decodable texts for older students
Reading Road titles reinforce systematic phonics in a sequential progression. Every title has been written with a strictly controlled text, so that students are only exposed to those letter sounds that they have previously learnt. They have the same structure and controlled vocabulary as other Sunshine decodable readers, but contain high-interest stories, featuring modern, engaging and relatable characters, and non-fiction themes appropriate for upper-primary age students.
Reading Road titles are designed to reinforce and consolidate previous learning from a synthetic phonics programme. Reading Road titles can be used after students have followed the Sunshine Phonics Decodables programme.
Features of all Reading Road titles:
- Fully decodable text (with some tricky words)
- Reinforcement and teaching of phonics in a systematic, sequential progression
- All new, modern characters and story themes that upper primary age students can relate to
- Non-fiction themes of interest to upper primary age students
- Books in each pack do not need to be read in predetermined order – students can pick one that they find interesting
- Full-colour age-appropriate illustrations and photographs
- 24 pages, approx 800 to 900 words
- Book size: 148mm x 210mm
- Free downloadable Teacher Notes and Student Worksheets for every title