A Decodable Programme to help all children learn to read
The programme teaches children phonics skills in a sequential and systematic way so that they can learn the sounds (phonemes) and the letters that represent them (graphemes) and then practise and apply this knowledge through reading a text that makes sense. This ensures that every beginning reader will experience success in their reading from their very first book! To read some testimonials click here!
Series 1 - Sets 1-3
Series 1 - Sets 4-7
All titles in stage 2 contain 20 pages plus cover – Teachers’ Notes have 220 pages plus cover.
The programme features:
- Decodable vocabulary with some high-frequency words
- 100 enjoyable stories with another 80 coming Term 3 and 4!
- Systematic progression for learning the sounds (phonemes)
- Full-colour illustrations to support meaning
- Comprehensive Teachers’ Books that include lesson plans, activity sheets and assessment
- Characters revolve around one family with their friends and pets.
The first three sets of the programme cover 23 phonemes of English.
There are 10 books in each set (30 total)
- Sets 1-3 introduce all consonants and short vowels.
- Sets 1-3 focus is on predominantly VC and CVC words and a few tricky words.
The next four sets of the programme cover 20 phonemes of English and many alternative graphemes.
There are 10 books in each set (40 total).
- Sets 4–5 introduce consonant digraphs, vowel digraphs and trigraphs and adjacent consonants.
- Sets 6–7 introduce new graphemes.